Monday, October 28, 2013

Hello Nostalgia

We all have those "moments" we are standing somewhere and it hits you like a wave, you have said to yourself, one day when we have children we are going to bring them here. Fast forward and it's that day, when your child is here in that spot running or playing and you have to take a breath and just absorb all that is. Let the wave crash over you.
That day happened to me when we brought Grady to the Cape for the first time. There is this beautiful spot me and my husband always stop, to look at the cove, the boats passing in and out with an open field to just sit, have lunch, whatever. 









Hello nostalgia.
The smell of good food and salt water.
The feeling of sand clinging to your clothes.
The sound of the waves crashing in and out and children having fun.
Hello to the taste of seafood and Cape Cod beer.
To prize winning views and the hustle and bustle of tourists.
Hello to watching my own memories relived through my children’s eyes.
Man, do I ever love the way nostalgia feels.
Second (and third and fourth) chances to relive some of life’s favorite moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment